Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome Spring! (Or whatever season!)

I love Virginia. It really is the best state. We have hot summers, cold winters. We have the mountains, the beaches, incredible history, and one of the seven natural wonders of the world. I love Virginia. :)

One of the funniest things about Virginia, though, is the transition from season to season. Just a week or two ago flurries were falling from the sky. Two days later, we brought out the pool and made a make-shift water slide. Is it winter? Spring? Summer? I just don't know.

It's just astonishing! But I am not complaining. The surprise weather keeps me on my toes :o). Speaking of toes, yesterday, Natalie woke up from her nap before Luke did so I took her outside to play. From time to time we share mother-daughter "girl-time" which I have been waiting to do since I knew a little girl was coming our way! I love to paint her little toes, it's sooooo sweet!


Not surprisingly, many people feel the way about her tootsies as I do. When she attended daycare, the girls there made sure to do it up right. Yes, my baby girl has been getting pedicures since before she could crawl, Lol!


So I thought it would be fun to get our toes ready for sandal season in VA (because you never quite know when it's here to stay!) Natalie is starting to be very independent and decided she was ready to do it all by herself. Yes, I let her...now here are some pics to enjoy!





The final product was a mess, but a really cute mess...hahaha. Don't worry, she's not all nails and hair. My baby girl is tough too! Luke makes sure of that! But hey, what kid DOESN'T want to paint on themselves??

What else is going on the house? I think it's time to move Luke downstairs to his own room. He wants a place to set out his trains and keep them up, and I think it will make him feel like the big boy he has become. Plus, it will give him a chance to "protect" some of his things from Natalie's grasp, and same for her. They have their special things...which is oddly enough what the other one wants to play with most of all....so anyway, that's one of today's projects.

I have been on a clean sweep of the house. It's nice to see your progress and feel the accomplishment! I'm packing most of the winter things and sorting out the clothes that don't fit the kids anymore.

I'm also going to throw out any old toys. A ritual that I very much enjoy! I like to get in the toy box a couple times of year, usually near special occassions when they will be getting something new, and recycle what they don't use. At Christmas time, I let Luke pick out a few nice things that he would like to donate to a holiday cause in need. It's a great way to talk about the meaning of it all and this year, Natalie can help too! So even though it's no special occassion, it's time so old things go! I'll probably freecycle them, which, by the way, if you haven't heard of "freecycle" you simply must check it out on yahoo groups to find out if there is one in your area. Instead of throwing things away, offer it up to the group...and maybe find something you've been looking for...for free!

That being said, I suppose I should probably get back to work. I still must pack for David's annual birthday camping trip and make my decisions on what surprises should be in store!

MUAH!
~Tanya

No comments: