It seems like everyone around me is having a baby! It is SUCH an exciting time, but it's making me miss that wonderful time...you could say that I am borderline catching baby fever. Trust me when I say... no way! Not right now at least. With school coming up in the fall, I don't have too much longer to go, but baby #3 would put a big damper in that plan.
I think it's true what they say. Baby #1 is a sign of your love and your commitment to one another. You don't know much about how your life will really change until they arrive. Looking back, I don't think you realize how much your life changes until you have a minute to recuprate and appreciate it much later!
In planning Baby #2, it's a more rational thought process...how does this one change our dynamic? How far apart do we want them to be? It's a lot about planning for you, your husband, AND for your first.
But Baby #3...now THAT's a big pile of planning. At least for us it is! Now that we have been parents for upwards of 4 years, since Luke's conception in January 2005, we know how things can change, and what affect a wee little one can have on the world around us! I'm not sure I can find a fitting word to tell you how awesome it has been. If you are a mother or father, you know. If not, maybe you will someday.
Baby #3 has a strategy. You find yourself asking questions that might seem frivolous to the outside eye, but make total sense in preparing for such an idea! What are the logistics of our household? Will we all fit at the table, or will we have to put the leaf in? Can we ever win a Walt Disney World trip for 5? If we have 3, should we have 4 to make it an even number? Yes people. These are real questions we have not only thought of in private, but have actually discussed. Aside from normal ones like, where will I be after graduating and what are our long-term goals. Since we are not completely decided, we're even factoring the possibilities into the home we want to build and adding an unfinished basement...juuuuuust in case.
Here's a picture, incase you were wondering!
It's the Clear Fork by Hochstetler Milling. 2,975 square feet of awesomeness! I'm sure you wanted to know...lol!
But anyway! It's hard to imagine that while Luke was Natalie's age, Natalie had not only arrived, but was already 1 month old! Luke seemed so big to me. But looking back on his pictures, I just have to laugh! He was still such a sweet little baby compared to now! I wonder how Natalie will look as I'm looking back 2 years from now to her baby pictures?
Until then, I thought it might be fun to see the similarities and differences in my little cuties at the same ages so enjoy! :)



I am lucky to say that I am growing best friends forever! I hope one day you have the chance, the honor, and the blessing of doing so yourself.
~Tanya†
No comments:
Post a Comment