Friday, May 29, 2009

I think about you in the summertime...

And all the good times we had, baby! ... yes, I just quoted a New Kids on the Block song and no, I am not sorry. lol!


So I am just packing away for the beach. We leave first thing in the morning and I am definitely ready to get out and enjoy it! I've pretty well gotten everything together that we will need, but I realized I forgot one very important item...my own bathing suit. *duh* I keep thinking I should get up and pack it before I forget, but I am just too darn tired.


This past week has been so hectic! Good, but busy. Meeting up with friends, trip to the lake house (which lasted the entiiiiiiiiiiiiire night), Memorial Day festivities, busy at work, cleaning at home, and we also took some time to use some free skating passes before they expired next month.

Yesterday, we took the kids and Kyle to the skating rink. It has been a preeeetty long time since I have rolled around on 8 wheels! Joel came to meet us and Niki came too and we learned a useful trick or so. The best part of everything was that Luke kept the skates on for about 30 minutes and then, he was over it! He wanted to run and play games, so Natalie was quick to claim his skates. Not only did she go for it like a pro, but she did so for 1.5 hours!! I'm pretty sure we have a tough chick dare devil on our hands...and I think that's awesome!

I would have posted some pictures with this blog, but I haven't uploaded them yet. It is like an act of congress to get my pictures uploaded, ha! First, the card from the camera goes in the Playstation 3, then I upload them to that, then I copy them to my flash drive, and finally, they make it to the pc....uggghhhh! But next time, I promise. They are super cute pictures!

I have an awesome recipe for the banana pudding I made for Memorial Day! It is just WOW. Best ever! It's saved on my other pc, so I'll have to add that too, but if you are up for it, it's an amazing recipe to try. I made seconds that night, and it was gone in a flash. That will come next time, too.

Just felt the need to blog, since I'll be out enjoying sand and sun starting tomorrow afternoon! Hope your summertime extravaganzas are just as enticing!

~Tanya

No comments: