Hello friends!
Today I have been contemplating an update to my blog, but you know...I really can't think of anything clever to say! So I am thinking maybe I will tell you a story.
Have you ever had an arch nemesis? Hopefully not, but chances are, we all have someone that is our polar opposite. You are good, they are bad. You are nice, they are mean. You want to build a perfectly lovely house, they want to tear it down because they thought they owned part of the land that you actually do, and you covered their rock wall with your driveway after you gave them plenty of time to move it....and then you cut the tree they thought was theirs in half while occassionally pausing to rev your chainsaw for fun.... Perhaps you haven't experienced the last one, but I have!
That was a fun day. We had just finished in court and I think we had won or we were on our way (don't worry, it is a battle that is over and doesn't matter anymore!) We got home and my dad and David decided it would be funny to take the chain saw out and just have at it. Don't be mad! The tree was in terrible shape, lifeless, leafless, and decayed from bug damage throughout. But our poor little neighbors were just up in arms, certain it and the frivolous section of land it was on belonged to them and not to us, as our survey had shown.
So yes, they went out and chopped it in half and let the top hang there for days. Afterwards, all that was left was a big dead stump. And when I say they gave the chain saw and extra "rev" or two, I'm talking full blown psycho rev-action HAHAHA. It was one of the funniest things EVER.
Not too long ago, we put up a fence for the dogs to run in. Jakester and Hazel love all the room and are happiest outdoors roaming free! We put this fence directly in the corner, encapsulating the area that our neighbors once mistakenly claimed. It wasn't on purpose, truly! It was just a good spot. Well, they didn't like it much and purchased a large, white, obnoxiously big fence to build just around the perimeter of the fence. The own no other fence besides this one big chunk. HAHA. Hey, you can't please everyone I guess.
Today, David, my dad and Kyle thought it would be hilarious to build a platform for the dogs to climb up so that they would be as tall as the fence. Can you imagine?? All that money and labor into that silly fence just to not see our dogs and then one day, they just pop their heads up over the top?
We decided that anywhere we would like a fence built, we should just let the dogs roam! We could get half the yard fenced at no cost to us, it would be great! But no no no, it was just a funny thought. We have done nothing on purpose to make them mad....except for the tree thing, but they really deserved that part. No no, we wouldn't do that. But you have to admit....isn't it a funny idea?
That's my husband! Always innovative, always driven, always thinking! LOL...love you so much, babe! I was happy to share your 31st birthday with you this weekend, and I'm happy to share many more. You bring good times and funny stories into my everyday, no matter how cynical they may be! Haha!
~Tanya
No comments:
Post a Comment