Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Update 2010!

Well, it's day two of our beach vacation and I can't believe we still have a week to go! Don't you just love that feeling? When you think about how relaxed you are and how much fun you've already had and then you realize there is still sooo much more to go? It's kind of like waking up at 3 a.m. and seeing you still get to sleep for hours. Speaking of which, we did! Funny funny people and their crazy alarm clock settings that woke David and I up last night....

The opposite can be said for the kiddos. I look at them now and can't believe how much time has already past. Both Luke and Natalie are water-babies. Today, Luke started jumping into the 3-foot deep end of the pool, which we found out he can stand in alone, and then swimming under water to the stairs. At first he was jumping to me and then little by little he didn't need me anymore. I was so proud of him! And yet a little sad about reaching a giant milestone, bringing him one step closer to "kid-hood" and then, *sigh*, independence.

Natalie was equally interested in jumping to me and swimming, but hasn't quite made it on her own yet! Of course, they are both in love with jumping into/over the waves in the ocean and building....errr, letting me build one tub of, sandcastle and then knocking it down.

Poor David's arm got sunburned on the way down Saturday morning. I have been joking that he got burnt before the vacation even started - lol! So we have decided to be vigorous in our application of sunscreen throughout the days. We all know what happened last year when I neglected my skin on the last day...I don't want a repeat of that for ANYONE.

Well, that's today in a nutshell. Now, the kids are snuggled up in bed, Kyle is down at the hot tub and I foresee a game of "Boggle" in my (and David's!) future. My itinerary for tomorrow says we will be playing putt-putt. Sounds like fun to me! :)

~Tanya:)

No comments: