Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Beach Break

I would have loved to blog yesterday, but I was soooo tired. Now my mom is asking where my blog is and even though I am 25 years old, I fear she will still turn me over her knee. Or at least find something large to hit me with. Can't have that happening! Must make mom happy! (General rule of thumb :))

Yesterday was great! David and Kyle hit the Calabash Seafood Buffet while the kids and I walked some shops on Main Street. I'm not into seafood very much so I opted out and the kids and I grabbed some pizza from a local place instead.

Natalie took an unexpected dive into the pool yesterday when she jumped for joy at the sight of Luke jumping into the water. It was just us, so it was easy for me to scoop her up out of the water, but the damage was done. She hadn't had any problems jumping in and going under the water before, but this time she didn't jump into my arms and pop right back up. Now she insists she is afraid of the "big pool" and only wants to swim in the little one. *sigh* I got her some arm floaties yesterday which ended up being toys for her and her little friends in the little pool. Kyle even broke out the little circle baby float with a seat in it. I thought that would work this morning, but she was clinging to me tight as ever. Luckily, I anticipated this and trimmed her nails before we went down this morning. Ughhhhh...sooo much progress gone! And girlfriend holds onto everything. Hopefully we can spend a lot of time in the pool at the new house and she can work through this! I'm sure that she will. :)

We played putt-putt late last night which was a lot of fun! The kids were so, so good! In attitude, patience and even skill. Well, Natalie was more about setting her ball right next to the hole and then hitting it in after dragging it along the course with her club, but it was cute cute cute. We took some great pictures that I would love to add on here, but it looks like our camera card must be formatted for my pc to transfer the pictures, and if I do that I risk losing them. Not good! I was worried that a 9 p.m. trip during an 8 p.m. bedtime would be trouble, but it wasn't at all! Natalie was a little grumpy today, but the three of us took a nap while David and Kyle played Rock Band and now everyone is feeling great.

Well, it's 5:30. David and Kyle are down at the beach using Kyle's new skim board (can't use it until early morning or in the afternoon, when it's not as busy on the beach), the kids are up and the itinerary says we simply must go shopping and then to our favorite Japanese restaurant. The itinerary is boss! :)

~Tanya

No comments: