Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I think this is considered my "rare form"

When my life gets busy, it gets BUSY. I'm not sure I ever work at a reasonable pace, and I think sometimes all the tasks suffer a little when nothing gets my very best. On the flip side, I am really bad at being bored and I simply must stay busy to live!

What's going on in this season of life? Well, there's family stuff, taking care of two crazy (and aaaaaMAzing!) kiddos, my regular PR work, my new MK work, and now my new step up in Montgomery Co. Relay for Life. I am going to be really, really busy. Do I mind? Not so much. But it would be good to figure out how I can compartmentalize everything and put one activity down when it's important to pick up another. And give each 100% when I'm working on it individually.

It's hard to have tunnel vision when you're passionate about a lot of things. I mean, I literally love everything. And I've dreamed of being the best at all of it. I want to wrap myself up in one main goal, but I want to take advantage of all the opportunities along the way. I want to make the most of everything that I do, and be a part of history after I do it. I don't want to be the most important person everyone ever knew, but I would like to make a difference in the world that is around me.

I described to a friend last week what my vision of my fondest goal is like, and I know I've said it before. You know that person in the movies who jumps in just in the nick of time and has all the answers, knows what to do and saves the whole world? They just appear and everyone breathes a sigh of relief because finally, the "cavalry" is here and you know everything will be alright. That is exactly how I would describe what I want to be when I "grow up". As I've also said before, I just want to be someone in the background who makes things happen when people just need someone to be there to help and serve.

I know I joke and say I want to be in charge of the things around me, but I think what that really means is a personal responsibility and accountability, and less senseless delegation.

I'm starting to learn that it's part of my personality to learn, understand, decipher and decide so I can know - What can I do? How can I serve? What difference is there for me to make here? I wonder if these questions fit into every aspect of my life...

So I guess all is well, but pray I figure out how to make everything work together efficiently and give everything I have all of me, without burning out. Staying excited is how I stay motivated...and motivation keeps me happy :)

Tanya

No comments: