Sunday, July 25, 2010

Changes Everyday!

Over a month since my last blog...geez!

Well, it has been busy at the Ferraro household! Just got moved in and enjoying our 4th week in the new house starting today! Already have lots pictures on the walls...feels like home :) In our subdivision is a community pool we've been taking the kids to just about everyday. Of course it's so hot that after a while it feels just about as refrehing as bath water hahaha.

Every single day they excel in leaps and bounds! A few days ago, yesterday even, Luke was afraid to swim in the "deep" part of the pool (about 5 feet) because he couldn't reach the bottom. Today, we encouraged him to jump in and we would scoop him up if he needed us. He actually did it, panicked briefly and realized that he actually could swim without taking a break to touch the bottom of the pool! After that he was unstoppable. He was doing cannonballs and swimming from end to end, treading water and diving for rings (with a little push to help reach the bottom...little hineys are very buoyant LOL). It was unbelievable! I was so SO proud! I can't believe how amazing these transitions over just these past couple of months. Physically and mentally...my tiny little boy is not so tiny and little. He's a real kid! I didn't know you could be a "real kid" at just 4.5...but it is so!

Natalie has been trying her best to keep up with her big brother! She's of course not as strong a swimmer, but even when she's scared, if Luke's doing something, she wants to try it too! Her "cannonball" was a little more like a jump into my arms, but she is always extremely adventurous and has no problem with me sweeping her off to the deeper end and trying to sit on the bottom with me. She's getting so much better at swimming, too! Yesterday she let go of my hands and swam from the stairs and then back again to me repeatedly. She's doing amazing! Of course while I have been on blogging hiatus, Natalie also turned 3 :) We celebrated her July 5th birthday on the 4th with a huge cookout at my parents house with friends, family and fireworks and had a really great time!

I'm always completely shocked at how smart and strong both of my kiddos are. It literally changes so fast that before I can get used to the changes of one day, things are changing all over again! I've been so busy keeping up with him and Natalie that I hadn't thought much about how they would change in the coming months or year! How am I going to capture all of these wonderful memories? They happen and pass just as fast as I breathe. :)

So anyway, the new house is just wonderful. I have some pictures to post up and I'll try to get them on the blog soon. It's a little more complete with a rug and said pictures strung about. Still plenty more to do...the kids' rooms need some more work done and our office/study is in desperate need of some new furniture, but that will come! It's only been a few weeks and I'm hoping to settle in for a good long while.

Pictures soon!
~Tanya:)†

No comments: