Congress,
I don't know quite how to say this, but...I'm breaking up with you. You've just become too controlling and I think it's time we go our seperate ways.
What I need you most for is to protect me, but all you ever do is whine about all the things people choose not to do for themselves or just plain don't want to do. In the mean time, all the important things that you should be responsible for just slip into the night. Sort of how people slip into our country without any feasible recourse over the unprotected miles of the home you promised I was safe in. That's not good enough.
I'm sort of feeling like maybe you don't actually care about me at all, you just care about yourself. I guess your pretty speeches were convincing, although I don't really know of what, but what about what I want? It's inconceivable that you would hold me to a plethera of standards you can't abide by yourself, for my "good." Unacceptable!
I'm also starting to wonder if what people say about big spenders is true...are you overcompensating for something? You don't have to spend my world into oblivion to prove anything to me. The braver thing to do is to tighten up your belt, quit being so douchey, and think logically about all the things you are doing that we never agreed on. Disappointing!
I don't mean to sound selfish, but didn't you know you were never supposed to be the most important thing is this relationship? Didn't you know that you aren't here to be the boss of everyone, only to ensure a safe place for freedom of will, religion, family and prosperity for those who earn it?
It has become painfully clear to me that the exact things you once fought to free me from are the things you are doing now. Congress....you are turning into...your mother. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but you're doing the same thing she did to her people - to us. And I hate to say this, but we're running out of continents to take over for the good of the people, so you're just going to have to knock it off.
I have always felt like other people should be jealous of our relationship. We've had our ups and downs and up until you started deviating from the plan, their jealousy has been warranted, but now you just suck. Disappointing!
I love who you were, I hate who you have become. And I met someone new. I'm hoping we can hook up in 2012 once I have defeated you and your minions. It's not just about me and you now. It's almost like it's become a battle of good versus evil and instead of having the calming underlying sense like in the movies of knowing that good always wins, I am afraid you are far too dangerous and the only way I will secure my happiness and the happiness of my descendants for generations to come is to make a clean break with you.
It's not me, it's DEFINTELY you.
Regards,
Tanya
1 comment:
I like the way you think. We should all dump them. They obviously don't care about our relationship
Post a Comment