Friday, March 19, 2010

Awe nuts...

I just realized that I haven't posted one darn blog all year. I guess I thought about it so much that I gave myself the feeling of actually doing it. Smart!

That's kind of a shame. I have forgotten all the clever things I wanted to say about New Years and the beginning of school, all that snow we got and my Christmas de-briefing. Grrrrrr! Oh well (sadface).

Over the last several months, the real age difference between Natalie and Luke has been a little fuzzy. Especially since we had been spending a lot of time indoors working on shapes and coloring, etc. in the colder months. Natalie is just brilliant. She's been saying the alphabet for months...MONTHS! She's so little! I can't believe it. She gets so much knowledge from us adults, but when she sees it in practice by watching Luke, she just wants to strive for that. Amazing.

She's also kind of sassy. Mom says she's just like me when I was that age...completely stubborn. Waits until the point of getting into trouble before she will do as she is told. Insists on doing the things you tell her not to. Oops...sorry mom! But hey, I turned out okay! (LOL) Now, mom just sits there and laughs when she witnesses the debacles we sometimes find ourselves sorting through. Sure, it's funny. But trust me, Natalie, I am the master of stubborness! I'll try not to teach you everything I know! :D

Luke has suddenly hit this speed bump of knowledge. Not only is he showing Natalie all the amazing thigns he can do, encouraging her to try them herself, but he is going above and beyond my expectations. He has been writing his name on everything and I do mean everything. He is learning letters - how to write them, how to say them. He is full of interesting thought and we have the most amazing conversations. It's amazing to me to be able to understand the mind of such a young person. He's so kind and considerate...even if he picks on his sister pretty often. :)

They are becoming more than even I realized they could be. They speak so...purposefully. They know what they want to say and how to say it. Amazing! I could write something new about them every week.

AHHH I LOVE THEM!

On a side note, the more I continue to power through work and school and see them changing before my eyes, the more I wish I was at home more during this important time. I also wish I had some mom friends I could get together with regularly over the spring and summer and give our kids all a chance to play together. Luke and Natalie need that interaction and quite frankly, their mom would like it, too.

*Sigh* It's hard to balance all the things that need to be done! <--Excuse for being too busy to blog much in the past few months. :D

~Tanya:)†

No comments: