Today David and I took the kids to see Santa. That was so fun...they are in love! They don't cry at all when they see him, or anything else that is dressed in brightly colored decor. They are strangely attracted to these things, which is probably a good thing since I think that's the point, but it seems to backfire all too often.
While we were standing in line, Luke was talking to another little girl beside of him and announced, as he often does, that "this" was daddy, "this" was mommy, "that" was his Natalie, and he was Luke Ferraro. We are friends. Also, we live in our home on planet Earth. *LOL* That was so cute, and ever so true! Everyone laughed and then they gave each other a big hug. Luke and Nat are so facinated with other children! They love them all! They then proceeded to make funny faces at the baby in the stroller behind them, CUTE!!
The other day, I was looking through our photos up on the TV and got to some of me when I was pregnant in the hospital with Natalie. I asked if he remembered that when Natalie was in mommy's tummy. Then he asked..."Why did you eat Natalie?" Haha! Loooooved it!
And just yesterday at the store, Natalie said something was beautiful. Then I told her that SHE was beautiful. She acted so surprised, even though I say it all the time, and then she asked me if she was a beautiful princess with the silliest most giggly expression. Oh my goodness, of COURSE she is! And that's just what I told her.
I guess the kids really do listen to the lessons David and I teach them everyday. They always say please and thank you, and although they do have their crazy moments and lots of them just as anyone would expect, they are polite, loving, kind, and always say "Yes ma'am" and "Yes sir". I can't think of a lot of teenagers that do that on a regular basis! They ask if they "may" have or do things, and they tell each other jokes.
I had always anticipated the day they would be old enough to play together on some level, but now they have gone above and beyond what I dreamed and have turned into friends and crime partners with ideas and expressions, and a way to show the world and each other. It might have snuck up on me just a little bit...but it's wonderful!!!
~Tanya:)
1 comment:
Now we just need 2 more. :)
Post a Comment