For the first time in years, southwest VA has a great big SNOW! We have at least 18 inches here at the house I'd say and I am absolutely loving it. This morning, the kids and I went out to play for a while and they could barely make it around. Natalie walked behind me as I shuffled the snow out of her path - lol!
Luke layed down in the snow and made a snow angel. I had no idea he even knew about that! When I asked him where he learned it from, he told me grandpa taught him how. Incase you haven't read the post below, that is his imaginary friend. Grandpa sounds like a good guy, but I don't think I'll be letting him babysit, none-the-less. :)
I took my only exam I was required to take this week! The semester officially ended for me on Tuesday. So glad! Now maybe I can use some of my down time to actually fold the mountain of clean clothes I have accumulated. Ugh. I'm not at all a fan of living out of laundry baskets, so why do I find myself doing so often? VERY frustrating.
You would think that since we're snowed in, I'd spend all my time getting the house in order! That's partially true....I started and then decided I needed a break. A break turns into a nap, and a nap into a lazy day. Welllll at least we'll probably still be snowed in tomorrow...?
On a non-procrastinating note, I am feeling pretty prepared for Christmas. I have been wrapping things as soon as I buy them and have had a great time participating in gift exchanges with friends and colleagues in the past few days. The house smells and looks like Christmas, and now the outside does too! Still have a little left to do but I am going to tell you something, this is the earliest I have ever been ready for Christmas.
In the past few years, and certainly the beginning of my relationship with David, we've spent the last couple of days before Christmas doing all the shopping! The first Christmas after we were married, we literally stopped at the mall with cash in hand, split up and bought all of our presents...on the way to VA on Christmas Eve. The following year, I had just had Luke and then my gallbladder removed. We went out on Christmas Eve Eve then and David had to push me in the wheelchair because of the surgery I'd had in the days before (he was precious). But I do have to say, if you're going out on Christmas Eve Eve to shop, take a wheelchair. People are so kind and polite, even though they are all going crazy! You might not make it down every aisle, since it will most likely be trashed with/from insane last minute gift buyers, but people will make a way. It's really, quite pleasant.
I have also made sure to let people know that I am operating in a "Christmas-Safe Zone" meaning, you are welcome to shout out "Merry Christmas" if you wish! You can even safe Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, whatever you wish if that's your delight, but especially MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Counting down the days! :)
~Tanya:)
No comments:
Post a Comment