Monday, April 27, 2009

When I Grow Up!

David and I have been talking about plans and the future, and the goals we want to work through together and individually. I thought it might be interesting to put goals up, and see how they change, and how we grow towards them! Obviously I know everything here is contingent on God's plan for me, so I am putting prayer for a calm mind, listening heart, and receptive senses to what He has in store.


My Personal Goals

  1. Be a great mom to Luke and Natalie
  2. Be a great wife to David
  3. Work off winter weight
  4. Make time to attend to our home
  5. Get to know other Christian moms
  6. Enhance my spiritual relationship
  7. Save with David to build a log home (long term, after school)

My Professional Goals

  1. Continue in my role at work
  2. Begin writing more material
  3. Be the best communications person I can be
  4. Keep my regional network rolling
  5. Learn to be the best in my field, to teach others

My Educational Goals

  1. Continue en route to complete my B.S. by Spring 2011
  2. Graduate with honors
  3. Complete M.S. (hopefully by 2012)

I'm not sure what to say about family goals. Right now, it feels as though we have been in the "diaper twilight zone" for 3.5 years! Lol! The kids are getting older now, I know it won't last forever, but I think we need to continue building what we have and getting into our groove before we add another person to the club! Not to mention, I simply must complete school before we make anymore people. We'd really like to get the house up before we think about that, too.

It's hard to choose which path you will take. On one hand, I enjoy my work. I like being able to go in for my few hours every week and be productive, creative and appreciated. I would love to be the best at what I do, and then teach other how to do it! On the other hand, spending time with the kids is the best eeevvvveerrrr! How do you find the right balance? The best of both worlds? And choose that which is economically feasible for your family?

I think as Christian women, we can enjoy a certain peace about what the future holds. There comes a place where, even when written down, my choices are spinning. My needs and my wants don't always necessarily align and all that I know is I must first and foremost provide the love and attention that my family needs. I know that God intends for me to take care of my family....so, I can plan the rest and lay out guide lines and directions, but God might put me in an entirely different place along the way. It's up to me to be alert and responsive to His direction.

It's the only thing that I can trust, and no matter how many times I have to tell myself to shut up, I plan to do just that.

~Tanya

No comments: