Oh Fall! I love you so! You make me happy. You smell nice. You make me want to bake. You have pretty colors. You remind me that Christmas is coming soon. You fill me full of joy in reminding me of the months of thankfulness you usher in as the days shorten. You never stand me up, although you experience your occasional identity crisis exhibited by your random 76 degree days, but at least you do it on the weekend. You encourage me to pack my shorts in a box and swim in a sea of sweaters I forgot I had, which is like experiencing a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime.
Some people don't appreciate you and to those people I say, "boooooo!" How can anyone not love you? The way you are just cool enough for a cute sweater and boots, and just warm enough I don't have to cover it up with a jacket. You're my favorite season. I don't care if the others get mad, you are number one to me.
Everytime you come around, I do things like break out new recipes, and use the word "snuggle" like it isn't weird. I want to light things on fire and roast marshmallows over them, all thanks to you.
Fall, you make me feel beautiful.
Remember when I wrote a poem about you and everyone loved it? Oh man, those were good times.
Well, that's all for tonight. I wonder if anyone will realize I posted this at 1 in the morning and if they will see that when it's past my bed time, I am a fruit cake...
~Tanya
No comments:
Post a Comment