Every once in a while I have time to experience the joys of sweet domestication. With no exams coming up or unfinished homework lingering about, I have had a great night of accomplishment. That's especially surprising because of the little cold that is trying to keep me down!
I cooked up some lasagna for dinner and made enough ingredients to freeze a second batch. It's in the pan and ready to go one night when I just can't seem to get motivated to cook. It didn't take me any significant amount of time to make it all at once, and now a future, home-made dinner is ready when I am. I'm so excited about this - lol! I guess it's the little things...?
Yesterday, I finally moved Luke's bed back upstairs into his old room (Natalie's current room.) They were so excited to be roomie's. They talked for a few minutes, but had no problems getting to sleep and staying asleep without trying to play in the middle of the night. We have even had a lot of fun going upstairs together where I will tuck them both in at the same time and tell them the story of their choice. They love that! It's precious to me to see them talking and playing and becoming friends. Just like real little people.
I've started looking for some ideas for gifts I could create myself this year for Christmas, too. I'm somewhat reluctant to post my ideas on here incase anyone I plan to make them for happens by so if you're interested in hearing some fun ideas, send me an email and let me know. After the holidays I will definitely post the creations and pictures....that is, assuming the crafty side of me performs as planned.
I suppose that's all for tonight. Felt like I needed to post some random happy stuff. I'm really looking forward to staying connected through the wonderful world of blogging and sharing more things that will make you smile.
~Tanya
2 comments:
Will always remember my home-made Christmas gift.....
Glad to hear that the little people of your family are getting along like real friends....I'm looking forward to the day when there is less screaming and crying and more laughs, talking, playing, and reading to each other.
Hey!! Do you paint? I've got some glass I need to paint and I want to try some ornaments too. Maybe we can start painting at the church scrapbooking night. :-)
Post a Comment